Deadline: April 1, 2023
White Water Gallery is seeking proposals for new site-specific performance art to be performed at this year’s Alternative Art Fair of Sudbury/Foire d’art alternatif de Sudbury (FAAS), June 14 to 17, 2023.
Every two years since 2008, FAAS has occupied and transformed a public space in the nickel city’s downtown. Invited artists are challenged to complete new works over the course of the festival and according to each edition’s concept and theme.
Organized by la Galerie du Nouvel-Ontario, this year’s festival will take place from June 14 to 17, 2023, in the Donovan, temporarily occupying former businesses and simulating spaces for exhibition, conversation and sharing. The Donovan is home to many ethnocultural and marginalized groups, as well as a new wave of individuals who are moving in. This social mix gives it a unique and diverse neighborhood in the heart of the city.
The theme of this project is “Neighborhood” and it is an opportunity to rally a community, to be in solidarity with the changes it is facing and to highlight its considerable contribution. Inspired by the desire to set up a place for discussion and exchange and to propose activities of popular re-appropriation, this event is an opportunity to highlight the logic of this urban and economic system.
What is provided:
- An artist fee in accordance with the CARFAC-RAAV 2023 minimum recommended fee schedule paid by WWG
- Accommodations for participating artists provided by GNO
- Space and time for your performative work
- Clearly describe the proposed project and provide details about your spatial and material requirements, including equipment needs
- Artist statement (maximum 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- Up to 10 images of previous works. You may include a link to video clips with accompanying descriptions. (max. 10 min)
*All submissions must be emailed as a single PDF email attachment (no zip files) and must not exceed 25 MB. Please do not send additional documents.
Please send queries and applications to email@example.com and indicate “FAAS 2023” in your subject line.
Deadline to submit: April 1st, 2023, 11:59 pm ET time.