Here are this week’s questions.
- What does the art community do for the City of North Bay?
- What would you like to see happen in North Bay next?
- What is your vision for our arts community?
- What are some achievements of your local arts community?
Join the conversation on-site, or online!
The Ontario Arts Council will be holding a free information session at the Gallery on Thursday January 29, 2015 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. This session will cover eligibility requirements, the application process, jury selection, decision making, preparing support material and budgets for the Council’s granting programs including Arts Education Projects, Northern Arts Projects, and the Franco-Ontarian Arts Program.
To find out more check out this information sheet, or contact Terry Gitersos, OAC Program Assistant at email@example.com or call 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7401.
Answer this week’s research questions on facebook, or swing by the Gallery and put the writing on the wall.
1. What is your role in the arts community?
2. What’s your impression of the arts scene in North Bay?
3. What could the community do better?
4. Is North Bay doing enough to support the arts?
RESEARCH PROJECT: CONNECTIVITY
Running January 13th – March 7th, 2015
Opening Reception January 16th during the Downtown Gallery Hop.
By exploring a series of community engaged arts installation-surveys White Water Gallery staff and volunteers will gain needed information about how our community views itself and what changes need to occur in our local community. This event will provoke a response to some big questions that are affecting our region such as art funding, community support and community interactions.
The entire event relies on you to come in and get involved by having your voice added to our current “RESEARCH PROJECT”.
Current questions submitted from volunteers and members of the community are:
• WHAT’S YOUR IMPRESSION OF THE ARTS SCENE IN NORTH BAY?
• WHAT COULD THE ARTS COMMUNITY DO BETTER?
• IS NORTH BAY DOING ENOUGH?
• WHAT ROLE DO YOU PLAY IN THE ART WORLD?
• DOES THE CITY GIVE ENOUGH SUPPORT TO ARTS AND CULTURE?
• WHAT DOES THE ARTS COMMUNITY DO FOR THE CITY OF NORTH BAY?
• WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN IN NORTH BAY NEXT?
• DO NORTH BAY ARTISTS CARE ABOUT NORTH BAY?
• ARE WE AN ART-BEGETS-ART COMMUNITY OR A COLLECTION OF ISOLATED ARTISTS WITH AN ARMED-CAMP MENTALITY?
• WHAT ARE THE REVENUES ON AVERAGE THE ARTS COMMUNITY GENERATES FOR THE LOCAL ECONOMY? AND OTHER BUSINESSES BY EXTENSION?
• AS AN ARTIST, HOW CAN I BREAK INTO THE ARTS SCENE IN MY CITY?
• HOW DO I GET A SHOW?
• HOW DO I ACCESS FUNDS FOR VARIOUS PROJECTS?
• WHERE DO I GO TO FIND OUT ABOUT GRANTS AND HELP FOR ARTISTS?
• HOW DO WE LIAISE WITH OUR CITY IN ORDER TO BECOME ACTIVISTS FOR THE ART SCENE?
The Gallery will be closed for the holidays from December 20, 2014 to January 5, 2015. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 6 at 11 am. Happy holidays everyone!