The White Water Gallery accepts proposals for “micro” residencies from 1 -3 weeks in length. These residencies are open to Canadian and International artists or groups interested in engaging our Northern Ontario community. Artist fees and travel are negotiated on a case by case basis and special funding may need to be secured in order to accommodate some projects.
Artists interested in applying for a micro-residency are asked to submit a detailed proposal to the White Water Gallery’s Programming Committee. Priority will be given to proposals that compliment the Gallery’s mandate and involve partnerships and collaboration through art creation, incubators, workshops and research.
All proposals must include:
- Proposal/Project Description (1 page maximum)
- Technical Requirements
- Artist/Curatorial Statement (250 words max)
- Artist Bio(s) (250 words max, each)
- Current CV (3 pages max; including contact info)
- Support Material with Support Material List (15 images max)Please select visual support material mindfully, as committee members have limited time to consider each proposal. Your Support Material List should include title of work, date created, medium, and dimensions.
Images: should be labeled numerically with the artist’s name (01_name.jpg, 02_name.jpg, etc.).
Videos: Regardless of duration, please include full videos. Due to time constraints, the selections committee may only view up to 5 minutes of each video. Please note the clip you would prefer the jury view by including time marks in the documentation list.
All supporting materials should either be: (1) compressed in a zip file and attached to the email, or (2) uploaded to a file sharing site such as DropBox or WeTransfer (or in the case of video, through hosting sites such as Vimeo), and a link included in the supporting materials list.
White Water Gallery only accepts submissions by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org