The White Water Gallery accepts proposals for “micro” residencies from 1 -3 weeks in length. These residencies are open to Canadian and International artists or groups interested in engaging our Northern Ontario community. Artist fees and travel are negotiated on a case by case basis and special funding may need to be secured in order to accommodate some projects.
Artists interested in applying for a micro-residency are asked to submit a detailed proposal to the White Water Gallery’s Programming Committee. Priority will be given to proposals that compliment the Gallery’s mandate and involve partnerships and collaboration through art creation, incubators, workshops and research.
All proposals must include:
- Artist’s CV
- One page Artist or Curatorial Statement
- One page Project Description, outlining the scope of the project and any specific requirements (spatial, technical, time of year, etc)
- Support material: max. 10-20 jpegs on CD and/or max. one VHS or DVD
- Descriptive list for visual material (title, date, dimensions, medium)
- SASE (Self addressed stamped envelope)*
White Water Gallery is not responsible for lost or damaged submissions. Do not send slides, photographs, original artwork or master tapes. E-mailed submissions will not be accepted without prior consent from the Gallery.
*Materials will not be returned unless an SASE is provided.
Please send proposals to:
White Water Gallery
Attn: Residency Program
P.O. Box 1491
North Bay, Ontario