Born in St. Catherines, Clayton Windatt has lived in the Northern Ontario region for almost his entire life. He is an arts administrator currently working as Director at the White Water Gallery in North Bay, Ontario. Clayton holds a BA in Fine Art from Nipissing University and received his Graphic Design certification from Canadore College. He works actively with several arts organizations locally, provincially and nationally on committees and boards of directors. His current affiliations include:
- Member: Canadian Artists’ Representation Copyright Collective (CARCC)
- Committee Member: Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens (CARFAC Ontario)
- Board Member: Artist-Run Centres & Collectives of Ontario (ARCCO)
- Executive Board Member: Aboriginal Curatorial Collective/Collectif des Conservateurs Autochtone (ACC/CCA)
- Board Member and Gallery Liason: Capitol Centre & WKP Kennedy Gallery
- Executive Board Member: Near North Mobile Media Lab
Clayton also maintains contracted positions with Canadore College’s REP21 theatre program and works as a columnist for the North Bay Nipissing News producing a weekly arts column for the Nipissing District. He aids in local arts activities and administration through Aanmitaagzi and their different community arts events and founded the Active Arts Festival. He contributes actively as a writer, designer, curator, and theatre technician and is an active visual and media artist.